Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop

"Hey, I have good news for you". Todd smokes his cigarettes knowing I will not sure how to react.
He drinks his beer and telling me "I'm having a baby!!!"

"Oh, Toddie, congratulation!" I'm staring at him and still not sure how to react. I think "Are you excited?"
is the best response I can do that time.
He was like "Ya, you wanna see the little bastard here? What do you think about the name? And what do you think about gender?"

I'm still staring at him and look at the baby ultrasound picture,  "Oh look at that, that's Landon, dude! I really hope it's a baby boy?"
Todd said his girlfriend also wants a baby boy.

"Landon, then".

One day he grows up, he will be like his Dad who loves the Sci-Fi things, the one who makes his special someone feel warm and comfortable every time she walks into his presence, who will make her better no matter what her mood in with the ability to take her completely a different world, to keep her herself that he can treat her with respect. The guy every girl dreams marrying, just the best guy you could ever meet.

And one day Landon read this, he will know that I love his Dad, too, I love him 160 at least (your Dad counts this), at the coffee shop, everywhere we go.

And I'm sorry that I never knew before.


No comments:

Post a Comment