Thursday, July 11, 2019

The First Step To Self-Love

A stranger wrote a very nice phrase that we are all storytellers. Even in his own mind, the stories he told himself are often more powerful than the actual events that happened. Then he asked what’s my current story – could be a book/ movie/ TV show or even someone I know.

“Tuesdays with Morrie”, I said. I got it last year as my birthday gift from Ivan & Wenny. And since this year is my “self-love” program, I like my own story in the past that brings me more to learn and learn. I’m moving on with courage so far.

Ty never heard about that book before. But he’s so happy to hear that I am on a journey of self-love that is incredibly important and he thinks we heal the world through healing ourselves first.
Then he curious to know what’s been the biggest impact in my life that I wasn’t expecting as a result of this journey?

Ehm, great question, Ty.
“Losing people.” No, I’m not gonna talk about my loving partner that died, I’m not gonna talk about the nasty relationship with my family, I’m not. I feel like the universe takes certain people out of my life for a reason. I may not see it before or now, but eventually, I will. Even now, I feel so grateful that I finally understand why. I trust that the right people in our life are here at the right time and for the right reasons. It is a complicated feeling; I miss them, but when I remember that those closest to you can be those who hurt you the most, I chose to keep walk away in silence and no longer care. And I’m feeling just fine.
I told Ty that losing “my people” is unbearable :’) but I believe the universe chose them wisely if they deserve to stick around in our circle. Sigh, breathe in breathe out, haha.

“Definitely.” He said. The people that remain in our lives are almost always there for a reason.

Phew, now I miss Bali and this scenery. A good book, an empty page to write, the sound of the beach, the sun and coconut are the best cures for pretty much anything.

I’ll see you some sunny day, Ty, the ultimate stranger!

One fine day in Canggu, that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment