Saturday, June 1, 2019

Laisse-moi Tranquille

"My relationship with people is getting really really bad, Daya".
I talked to my best friend during lunch, he went silent.

I'm only excited to meet new people if they walk their dogs. Otherwise, I keep hanging around my own circle that I've known them before, that been through a lot with me, as I never seek any perfection anyway.

I remove the toxic people lately.
If they think it is okay to mess around between personal and professional, go ahead.
If they think it is okay to do something legit to adjust the color patterm, go ahead.
If they think it is okay to keep canceling an appointment and think that I have lots of time, go ahead.
If they think every mistake deserve a forgiveness, go ahead.
If they think they have the privilege to just get an exclusive time and space, go ahead.
If they think that when I care is equal to controlling their life, go ahead.
If they think that friendship is something that money can buy and guaranteed by material objects so they can judge and be mean, go ahead.

I'm working on myself now. I'm not into a competition or comparison.
Let's just go your way and I'll go mine. Simple, ya?
I learn that letting people stay in my life far longer than they deserved is a huge mistake.

"Maybe I just want to move in peace and not really care what are people doing, Day?" he nodded.
After my curiosity about his new girlfriend, he's actually the one who interests more in my dynamic life story.
It's been 13 years since I met this guy. Oh, he said, "ehm, it's 14 years in June."

I will definitely miss him as soon as I'm back in Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment